Whether you’ve got a sunny holiday booked, or you’re waiting for that hot Yorkshire weekend, we all know that when it come to the sunshine it’s best to make sure you’ve blobbed some sun cream on. But there is actually a lot more to preparing your skin than that!
We thought we’d ask our skin expert Judy Robson from Montpellier Beauty for some advice that as well as sun cream you make the most of not only in the run up to your holiday, but all year round:
- Exfoliate and moisturize – this creates glow, removes dead skin cells and can reduce the appearance of cellulite – this should be done all year round! You could even enjoy some micro-dermabrasion in the two week run up your holiday.
- If you’re self conscious of your pale skin, feel free to indulge in a little fake tan – a fake tan is better for your skin than a real tan, and can disguise cellulite and imperfections.
- Acne can become an issue on holiday – good cleansers and a gentle exfoliator. Judy from Montpellier Beauty can help suggest which ones.
- Waxing – get it done sooner rather than later! Allow 48 – 72 hours between waxing and getting on that flight.
A treat for the toes – your feet rarely see the sun so why not treat yourself to a pedicure (or at least give them a good old go with a pumice stone!)
- Water – staying hydrated on holiday can actually help stop your skin from peeling if you burn.
- Eating tomatoes can also actually boost your skins natural SPF!